Surya in the Natal Chart (Birth-Time Horoscope)
What Surya Represents: SWAYAMBHU (Self-lit), Ego, Self-esteem, Pride, Alone, Fire, Inspiration, Entrepreneurship, Pioneer, “I Me and Myself”, Center of their own eco-system, forming own sphere of influence, Originality, Heart, Spine, Bone Quality, OVERALL HEALTH and Vitality.
Shani Guru Rahu Ketu are often overrated in the chart analysis. Guru Shani and Rahu Ketu come in picture only if Surya (SUN), Chandra (Moon), Shukra (Venus), Budh(Mercury), Mangal (Mars) are reasonably placed. Imagine without a reasonable BUDH (which controls basic ability to think, count, listen, talk, nervous system basics) GURU is of hardly any use! It is like having huge chaste or say biceps without having palms to use them! The SMALLER planets have HUGE impact on any person’s basic structure & basic ability. Without Moon well-placed or at least reasonable, there is NO use of any planet in the chart! Of course, other planets exert force on to Moon and constitute whether Moon is well placed or not. In short, larger planets on their own have GHUNTA effect on us. It is thru the smaller planets they are able to delivery good bad karma. The Signs and houses of the smaller/faster planets are hugely important & THEN relative aspects or positions of slow moving planets are important.
SURYA being the ALLMIGHTY for our Solar system is SINGLEMOST imp factor for our existence. Imagine a person without bones or without heart or spine! Not having good Surya in the chart is absence of spine literally but also figuratively! SURYA has content of EACH planet in it. It can delivery fruits of each planet if not fully partially or it can reduce fruits of other planets drastically. It is probably DHANU Surya (Sagittarius Sun) which allowed Hawking Sahib to live longer life despite such decease. It is the LEO SUN of DON BRADMAN which made him a self-respecting and such a well-respected person with not a single soul talking ill about him. SACHIN’s MESH Surya in Exalted or rather OVER Exalted status in the 10th degree of ARIES is vastly imp for his relentless pursuit of his career. On a much smaller and personal scale: My father with his 1st house Surya and b-date of 1 ruled by Surya was able to defy ALL astrologers and all psychics that he WILL die at the age of 37. It was able to defy 12th Mangal 6th Guru and 4th Shani -Rahu and not to mentioned 8th Chandra! For me “Vargottam Surya in the 5th house of Buddhi in meen rashi – defines me as an all-rounder. The paragraph from V.D.BHAT book “Navamansh Rahasya” (The Secrets of navamansh) I feel it is written as if it is by my close friend or a relative describing me. Without this Surya in Vargottam Pisces Navamansh I would ZERO (rather, NEGATIVE).
So let us agree that the often neglected by Astrologers or rather it is ASSUMED that these smaller planets are OK and hence the person is here in front of us asking “future prospects”. Without reasonable smaller planet placements, the person would not even reach or think about “future prospects” or would be struggling with day to day needs and operational matters.
LET US look at effects of Surya in each house of a horoscope. (W.I.P)
SURYA in the 1st house of a Horoscope
Check the first para of what Surya represents and apply it to this one! :) The first house being (SELF) and Surya in the 1st house in the EAST direction of the chart shows DIGBALI Surya! DIGBAL (directional strength) shows an empowered person with “MAIN HUN NAAH” effect.
(1) Independent, Inspirational, Entrepreneurial, Pioneer, Adamant, Self-sufficient, Pride Self-esteem folks
(2) Do not expect sensitive caring or too much emotional approach even if Sun is in Cancer. Yes, Caner ascendant WILL show caring sensitive stuff but Sun there WILL make it a bit aloof and not allow every Tom Dick Harry come close.
(3) Extra-ordinary resilience and heath. Some fevers from time to time as USHNA-Prakriti, But these fevers also do not slow them down as they don’t pay much attention to it.
(4) Do not allow people to come too close.
(5) Have specific roles and responsibility and clear demarcation of roles in THEIR MIND for all people in their life or career. Able to BOX things well and not mixing these boxes or making people miserable by exposing them to unfamiliar environments. In short, they build their own ecosystem or like solar system -their own sphere of influence.
(6) DO not like to be at NEW places or new people – Out of comfort zone. Like to be in their own DEN or familiar environment. Do not want to go to places where they don’t have “power” or respect.
(7) They respect boundaries of all people and expect the same. Someone crossing the boundary is banished from their kingdom forever! :) Unless they allow it! In short, they are quite territorial.
(8) They are liked and respected by Govt, Authorities and are in sync with such stuff and natural at establishing law and order and a process. Natural at Govt or IAS IPS sort of jobs which are funded by Govt or BIG orgs.
(9) In intense degrees or intense nakshatra can show sudden injuries or sudden incidents due to their own inspirational moves to head or frequent fevers. The areas of hurt could be head, spine and heart but also the organ shown by the sign (Scorpio: Kidney, Leo Heart, Capri: Knees, Sagi: Legs / hip etc).
(10) In Mangal drushti the nature would be more aggressive and intense. Difficult to handle.
(11) In SHANI drushti it would show some difference of opinion or fights or tussles or show-down with bosses, Govt and authorities from time to time. Some deficit from the past karma which they would need to accommodate which is AGAINST their nature. Unless Sun in Cancer, Pisces or Makar Vrishabh (docile signs) such tussles result in strong fights and bitter enemies. Also, SHANI drushti affects eye-sight and spine, heart and bone structure.
(12) GURU drushti helps with everything and keeps the Fire of Sun on the right things.
(13) In MAKAR (Capri) rashi it does not rashi strength but still shows resilience more than other Makar lagna (rising) folks.
(14) In Air signs shows intelligence of high order and inspirational ideas and thoughts that will also guide others. White collar jobs predominantly.
(15) In FIRE Signs it is natural and shows HIGHER positions in career and BIG organizations. VERY positive person & big heart and highly respected.
(16) IN water signs, a bit docile than others with some emotional intelligence and not just action oriented. But emotions don’t interfere with duties and job.
(17) In EARTH signs shows higher posts in Wealth management, agriculture or such practical stuff. Some wealth or economy handling aspect WILL end up appearing in their career regardless of education.