Shani in the 4th house of a Horoscope (Birth-Chart / Natal-Chart)
Before getting drenched in any typical Shani fear mongering let us first understand what is the 4th house and what is the role of Shani. Astrology or any “science” (probabilistic or exact) is best understood with the day to day examples and not some glorious rocket science or some major pooja-path and paap-punya imagination! :) Keeping fatalistic thinking AWAY is the JOB #1 for any wanna-be astrologer OR anyone who seeks any help from an astrologer. Run away from people who after describing some aspects of your life very well say next “So do this pooja else you will lose all this in next 3 months or 3 years and so on” :) :)
The 4th house: Sukh sthan, Mom’s house, The native place / city, farms and vehicles, people close to your heart, house, property, all sorts of pleasures mostly non-physical and more of “inner” ones. Moksha Trikon first house, So some spiritual angle, Places such as Café Caffee Day, Starbucks Outlets and so on. All books and all authors insists that this house shows the “quality of the last days or the later part of life say after age of 30.32”.
SHANI: Saturn, Shanai, Shanai – slowly slowly, Sincere, Serious, Hard-Work, Perseverance, covert ambitions, Auditor, Police, Relentless delivery of good/bad karma, Channel for karma delivery just like ISO or CMMI Auditors or Financial Auditors, Poor People, Masses, Workers, Large group of Consumers, Cold Calculations, Devoid of emotions, numbers driven approach
Shani In a Natal horoscope: Deficiency of Karma from the past birth, Things in error or omissions, your obligations you were not able to or purposely did not fulfil in the past birth, YOUR OWN subconscious agreement with the universe what you owe to this world.
So now combine the 4th house descriptions and Shani together and put them in a mixer of meditation. Meditation is not in Himalayas or in some sacred place – as Buddha and all messenger say –“Salvation lies within”. Tendulkar can meditate on cricket in a fair (Jatra), Zunzunwala will be able to think stock market while taking a scary ride and Maradona or Pele would be able to think Football in space in 0 gravity also! So, let us to come up with some logical thoughts to what happens when Shani is in the 4th house of a Birth-Chart:
[A] These things below will become much and much lesser in intensity if Shani degree is not close to Ascendant degree. Or Shani is aspected by Guru, Shani is NOT aspected by Mars or with Raahu or Ketu. Or say Shani is not wakri or worse stambhi which gets ignored. Shani has good speed & is not with Surya (Astangat). Shani is Raajyogkarak of friendly with Lagna-Rashi or Chandra-Rashi. The owner of Shani’s rashi “well-placed” and or in Guru drushti.
[B] The following things will be lot worse if Shani is with Mangal or has Mangal drushti. No Guru drushti, Wakri Shani is with Rahu or Ketu or Surya. If it has very less speed. Owner of Shani is wakri or is 6 8 12 from Shani or in Mangal or even Shani’s drushti! (Recursion!) :) The worse or better the karma the more & more acute planetary formations in a natal chart.
1. 4th Shani shows obligations to the Mom. Very acute charts where situation is like [B] above, folks have lost their mom in the childhood or even while giving birth. The [A] situation will mean that Mom’s longevity is quite good but some health issues shows by the rashi of Shani or rashi of Shani’s owner (depositor). Regardless 4th Shani mandates NOT expecting any support from the mother & always serve her regardless. (Check Amitabh Bachchan example). Uchcha Chandra or very very well placed Chandra will override some of these obligations and bring in some solace and will show good support from mom.
2. 4th Shani drushti is on the 10th house by default (the father, seniors, workplace) – So career takes off a lot better from the age of 30/32. Of L10 and or Surya is badly placed, this Shani will show extreme stuff with the father. Well placed L10 or Surya will mean this Shani just shows that your and father’s career or life path would be different.
3. Shani drushti on the 6th house means some obligations with mama mousi or siblings of your mom. Maternal family. It would also mean some childhood diseases and bad health which becomes better and better with each passing day.
4. Shani drushti on the 1st house shows slow & steady health and physical strength improvement. It is highly unlikely to see a FAT person with the 4th 1st and 7th Shani. There are always exceptions but Shani drushti on some house means weight gain is not a tendency for that house (organ)! :) And 1st being TANU-Sthan – the whole body and also the head face etc – this Shani would show a lean and a mean person! :)
5. This Shani takes away from the native place and the person usually settles down at distant places. At least in the old age or later part of the life (32 onward) the person is seen away from the native place. There is an obligation to the native place so the person is seen thriving away from the native place.
6. Obviously, property house and great vehicles come after the age of 30/32. If [B] above then a lot of troubles happen with the property and infighting with relatives for property. If [A] still delays and good property away from the native place again like Bachchan Saahab. A well-placed Shani will give these things after hard-work and once the karma deficit is fulfilled – The bank is not going to give you a new loan unless the previously one is paid off (unless you are Mallya!!)
7. Comfort Zone: The 4th house is ability to enjoy and take pleasure of the property vehicles and sofa set, fridge TV and microwave! :) Guru Shukra shows great ability to REST and Enjoy and have inner peace with these things. Shani here shows getting out of comfort zone and always struggling regardless of how much you achieve. The inner fulfillment is not there by choice or due to ambitions! If [B] then the person is forced out of comfort zone by some bad events. Regardless, Shani in the 4th house shows a person who will always keep struggling no matter what is achieved (Aurangzeb and also recent case Bachchan Saahab).
8. Any planets in the 6th house or even 10th or the show late results and after efforts – days age of 30.32 takes for these planets to start shining – again Shani makes you work hard until this deficit with this planet is fulfilled – as these are your own overdrafts and unpaid past birth karma..! It’s the Newton law of action reaction in action there! :)
9. Like any planet in the 4th house – it shows person’s ability to give “good environment” for people to have good time. So let us say owner of 2nd house in 4th shows restaurant / food etc. Or owner of the 6th in the 4th shows medicine or health related aspects being provided under one roof and so on. 4th house is farming so if L10 in the 4th house then it is about farming or even doing business closer to native and so on.
10. Shani being masses and Shani in the 4th house -- The person has good sense of mass-mentality – and sympathy from masses. They know what consumers want and can provide good SUKH to large number of people. If Shani is badly placed conversely, masses would have major issues with this person sometime in life. Even a very well placed Shani like Bachchan could result in masses getting angry due to “high expectations or higher standards”. As masses give to these people despite being poor – they expect these people to be always humble!!
11. Very badly placed Shani shows property, farm etc disputes in the family – predominantly maternal side of the family.
I will share examples of this that are well-known like Bachchan and Aurangzeb later on.